Pre-pregnancy planning and care for women with diabetes
Pre-pregnancy planning and care for women with diabetes is an online course for health professionals developed as part of the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS). Three e-learning modules cover key aspects of planning and preparing for pregnancy for women with type 1 or type 2 diabetes including:
- Maternal and neonatal risks associated with diabetes and pregnancy
- Preconception counselling and contraception
- Diabetes specific pre-pregnancy care
The course was updated in 2021 to align with the latest pregnancy and diabetes guidelines, and includes four non-assessed case studies to assist with applying the content to your practice.
This course takes approximately 2 hours to complete and has been endorsed by:
- Australian Diabetes Educators Association (2 ADEA CPD points to May 2023)
- Australian College of Midwives (ACM CPD hours to 8/4/2023)
- Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association according to approved quality standards criteria (2 APNA CPD hours to June 2023)
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (2 ACRRM Educational Activity -Distance Based Education hours to 31/12/22)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners CPD Program (4 RACGP CPD points to 31/12/22)
A certificate is provided upon completion of the modules and course evaluation. This course is available free of charge to health professionals.
For more information go to the NDSS website.