About the webinar
This webinar is suitable for Aged Care or Disability Support Staff and any other health professional interested in supporting people with diabetes.
A panel of experts discuss the prevalence and causes of falls in elderly people living with diabetes. As well as strategies to help prevent falls. An overview of medication mishaps and why this occurs and strategies to prevent medication mishaps. The importance of maintaining diabetes independence is also discussed, and how you as a support worker can help foster your clients’ diabetes independence.
The webinar is 1.5 hours long and includes 1 case study and 3 presentations, followed by questions and answers.
- Presentation 1 ‘ Falls prevention’
- Presentation 2 ‘ Medication mishaps’
- Case Study ‘Older women in care’
- Presentation 3 ‘ Maintaining diabetes independence’
- Question time with the experts
You will receive a certificate of completion for this webinar.