About the Aged Care Worker Online Training
Diabetes is the fastest growing chronic condition in Australia, and around 1 in 4 people living in residential aged care facilities have diabetes. For older people, helping them maintain the best quality of life is one of the main principles of diabetes management and aged care workers play a pivotal role in supporting the person living with diabetes. Effective self–care results in better health related outcomes and quality of life for the person living with diabetes. This training will provide aged care support workers with a basic understanding of diabetes, and how it relates to their work and the situations that arise from their role.
Are you a provider looking to train staff?
We have different investment options to suit your staff training requirements.
- Annual Provider Subscription- suitable for 60 or more users: Enrol unlimited users over a 12 month period for $2,195, facilitated by Diabetes Qualified.
- eLearning Package SCORM file – unlimited users: We can provide the training package for $2,995 to host on your own Learning Management system.
- Volume Pricing – suitable for 16 or more users: We offer a discount for 16 or more users, contact us for more information.
Talk to us to discuss the best option for your needs.
How does this course work?
- Once participants enrol online they will automatically be provided with access to the course in our e-Learning platform. Everything they need to complete the course is available online, with 24/7 accessibility.
- This is a short course that takes maximum of 2 hours to complete.
- It is interactive and has real life case studies with practical examples of how to support the person with diabetes, and when to refer to a supervisor.
- Once participants have completed the course they will be able to download a ‘certificate of completion’.