About this course
Diabetes Qualified is proud to collaborate with the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia in the co-development of the Diabetes in Practice for Pharmacists course. The course is aimed at supporting and improving health service delivery within all pharmacy practice settings, by enhancing pharmacists’ health literacy to improve health outcomes for people living with diabetes.
The course focuses on how pharmacists can interact and communicate complex medical information to patients who may not have well-developed health literacy. Pharmacists will be able to ask people with diabetes more meaningful questions, support their medication usage and product choices and have supportive conversations, giving advice or referring on where needed.
Accreditation number: CONL20027,28,29
This activity has been accredited for 9 hours of Group 1 CPD (or 9 CPD credits), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which can be converted 9 hours of Group 2 CPD (18 CPD credits) upon successful completion of relevant assessment activities.
We recommend if you are a member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA) that you complete the course on the PSA website here. You will receive member pricing.
If you would like to train your Pharmacy Assistants we have developed a short eLearning program Practical Diabetes for Pharmacy Assistants
How does this course work?
- Once you enrol online you will automatically gain access to your course in our e-Learning platform. Everything you need to complete the course is available online, with 24/7 accessibility.
- Diabetes in Practice for Pharmacists consists of 3 modules which cover 16 topics. You can complete each module at your own pace.
- There are 3 multiple choice assessments; one at the end of each of the three modules. To pass the assessments you will need to answer 80% of the questions correctly on each of them. The number of attempts for each assessment is limited to 2.
- Once you have completed the course and passed all 3 assessments you will be able to download your ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- You will have 12-months access to the course from your enrolment date. This enables you to learn on-demand, at your own pace, and at time that suits you.