About the course
Diabetes Essentials is our foundation course developed by expert Credentialled Diabetes Educators. This comprehensive online course is designed for health professionals who want to develop in-depth knowledge across a diverse range of diabetes topics. It covers the pathophysiology of diabetes, diabetes management principles, and prevention of complications.
Diabetes Essentials is accredited for 12 CPD hours by the Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA).
How does this course work?
- Once you enrol online you will automatically gain access to your course in our e-Learning platform. Everything you need to complete the course is available online, with 24/7 accessibility.
- Diabetes Essentials consists of 4 modules which cover 19 topics. You can complete each module at your own pace.
- There are 4 assessments; one at the end of each of the four modules. The assessments are multiple-choice and results are shown immediately.
- Once you have passed all 4 assessments and completed the course feedback survey, you will be able to download your ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- You will have 12-months access to the course from your enrolment date. This enables you to learn on-demand, at your own pace, and at time that suits you.
Who is this course for?
Diabetes Essentials is suitable for any allied health professional that would like to know more about diabetes. It is a knowledge-focused course that covers subjects including pathophysiology of diabetes and the principles of diabetes management.
If you are wanting to learn more about practical ways to improve your ability to support a person living with diabetes we have a range of ‘ Diabetes in Practice’ courses for specific health professions such as nurses, pharmacists, podiatrists and allied health professionals.